Backsplashes are one of the best ways to add a touch of personality, air of elegance or pop of color to your overall kitchen or bathroom’s design. But with so many materials and design options to choose from, it can be difficult to know which ones will bring your unique style and vision to life. Lots of decisions must be made, like what color, height, shape, pattern, and type of backsplash material will best complement the countertops and overall style of your kitchen or bathroom; not to mention how much each of these will cost and whether it will work with your budget.
How We Can Help
The good news is the remodeling experts at Classic Cabinets & Design are here to help ensure this process is not only smooth and hassle-free, but enjoyable every step of the way. Here are some stylish backsplash ideas to give you a bit of insight into just some of the many ways you can transform your home with this feature.
- Ceramic tile is a great option for many homeowners because it comes in a wide range of shapes, styles and colors, and pairs well with virtually any countertop surface you have in your kitchen or bathroom. It’s also very heat, grease and moisture-resistant and easy-to-clean. Anyone looking to add an extra unique and artful touch can have white tiles hand-painted, glazed, fired and assembled into the mural or design of their choice. If you go that route just bear in mind that unusual artwork could affect your home’s resale value.
- Marble is a classic material that’s been favored since ancient times. If you’re looking for an elegant backsplash that blends seamlessly with your marble countertops, this is a great way to go. It can be slightly more prone to staining than other materials though, so it’s a good idea to protect it annually with a high-quality stone sealer.
- Tumbled tiles, or tiles that have previously broken down and are then reassembled into a new piece that is more pitted than non-tumbled tiles, give a timeless, almost Old World look to the overall space (especially tumbled marble, travertine, and limestone). They’re quite heat-resistant and possess a timeless aesthetic that won’t go out of style, but do need a bit more periodic maintenance than other materials, as there are tons of grout lines to keep clean and tidy.
- Mirrored backsplashes create the illusion of either a transparent wall or completely open space between your countertops and cabinetry, adding a classy yet modern touch. Because mirrors reflect a great deal of light, you’ll also benefit from a noticeably brighter countertop workspace.
- Back-painted glass is not only one of the lowest maintenance and easiest to clean backsplash materials, it also comes in thousands of beautiful custom colors, giving you all the options you could possibly want if adding color is your ultimate goal.
- Granite backsplashes, just like marble, can be paired with granite countertops to achieve a seamless, luxurious look. Granite is a great choice because it complements any kitchen décor, is impervious to moisture and appeals to virtually everyone.
- Subway tiles are timeless, affordable and perfectly suited for just about any style or design preferences, from modern to traditional and virtually everything in between. Using tan or gray grout instead of standard white helps hide dirt and grime better as well.
Ready to be inspired? Head on over to our online gallery where you can view hundreds of photos of the breathtaking projects we’ve completed and get a better feel for what your ideal look and style might be.
Ready to Add a (Back)Splash of Life to Your Kitchen or Bathroom?
Classic Cabinets & Design is here to help! Our friendly, experienced team is passionate about bringing North Denver area residents’ home design and remodeling visions to life, whether it’s simply adding an exquisite new backsplash to your bathroom or completely renovating your kitchen. We work closely with our clients from concept to completion to ensure the custom results we deliver not only meet, but exceed your expectations. To learn more about our superior home remodeling services or to book an appointment in our design center, contact us online today.